This qualification reflects the role of educators in early childhood education and care who work in regulated children’s education and care services in Australia.
- – USI(Unique Student Identifier) Number
- – Valid and current Email Address
- – Initial Skills Assessment
- – Police Check
- – Working with Children Check or working with Vulnerable People Check
- – Must hold a CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care or CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care.
Educators at this level are responsible for designing and implementing curriculum that meets the requirements of an approved learning framework and for maintaining compliance in other areas of service operations. They use specialised knowledge and analyse and apply theoretical concepts to diverse work situations. They may have responsibility for supervision of volunteers or other educators.
Early childhood educators work in long day care centres, family day care, pre-schools or kindergartens.
- – Ability to design and implement curriculum in early childhood education and care services
- – Understanding of children’s development
- – Ability to identify and respond to behavioral issues
- – Be equipped to ensure health and safety of children
- – Ability to provide Holistic learning development experiences
- – Knowledge to implement an approved framework within the requirement of the Education and Care Services, National Regulation and the National Quality Standards
- – Supervise volunteers or other staff in early childhood education and care services.
In order to undertake this qualification, the learner commitment is expected to be at a minimum of 35-45 hours a week
. This includes:
Possible Job Outcomes
- – Face to Face Classroom
- – Homework and Self-study
- – Assignment activities
- – Assessment time
- – Centre Manager
- – Children’s Advisor
- – Play group Coordinator
- – Family Day Care Educator
- – Early Childhood Educator
- – Childcare Staff Supervisor
- – Children’s Services Director
300 hours minimum within a regulated children’s education and care service is compulsory for this qualification.
Units of Competency
- – CHCECE041 Maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- – CHCECE049 Embed environmental responsibility in service operations
- – CHCECE047 Analyse information to inform children’s learning
- – CHCECE042 Foster holistic early childhood learning, development and wellbeing
- – CHCECE043 Nurture creativity in children
- – CHCECE048 Plan and implement children’s education and care curriculum
- – BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
- – CHCECE045 Foster positive and respectful interactions and behaviour in children
- – CHCECE046 Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- – CHCECE050 Work in partnership with children’s families
- – CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- – CHCECE044 Facilitate compliance in a children’s education and
- – CHCECE053 Respond to grievances and complaints about the service
- – CHCDIV003 Manage and promote diversity
- – CHCPOL002 Develop and implement policy