ACT Skilled Capital ProgramSkilled Capital is an ACT Government funded training initiative. Skilled Capital offers a comprehensive range of services to provide Canberrans the support they need to complete the training that is right for them. Skilled Capital will improve access to high quality training in areas of skills needs and maximise improved employment opportunities for students. Click here for more information.
User Choice ProgramUser Choice is a national funding policy for Australian Apprenticeships promoting choice in training services provided to Employers and Australian Apprentices. The program aims to provide funding aligned to the skill needs of industry and respond to changing government priorities. User Choice is a model for achieving client responsive training which means that businesses and Australian Apprentices can select from any approved registered training organisation (RTO) and negotiate how, where and when the training and assessment is to occur.
Australian Apprenticeships (ACT User Choice):
- are a great way to recruit staff and train employees
- offer a huge range of qualifications to improve the operation of any business
Learner Eligibility1. As a minimum, a learner must be (at the time of enrollment):
- An Australian citizen, Permanent Resident, or New Zealand passport holder resident for more than 6 months, or
- *A person who holds a visa that is identified as being eligible, and
- Living or working in the ACT
- At least 15 years of age
- Not enrolled in or attending secondary school or college. Learners with an Exemption Certificate are not eligible for Skilled Capital. Learners who are undertaking year 10 or year 12 equivalent study in an alternative program are eligible provided they satisfy the remaining eligibility criteria.
In addition to above, to be eligible for a certificate II level Skilled Capital qualification the learner must:
- Not have completed a certificate III or higher (excluding foundation skills qualification) or
- Have suffered changed circumstances which impacts their ability to undertake training and/or work, such as ill health.
2. Learner Commitment: In order to undertake the above qualifications, the learner commitment is expected to be at a minimum of *35-45 hours a week. This includes:
- Face to Face Classroom
- Homework and Self-study
- Work Placement hours
- Assignment activities
- Assessment time
3. Learners are only enrolled in one Skilled Capital qualification at a time.
4. Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment: Every learner must complete a LLN assessment before enrolling in any course. When you are working you must be able to read important documents like safety notes and follow written instructions. You must be in a position to be able to write down some information for your fellow workers too. This assessment will help us decide what level support you would require during your course.
5. Unique Student Identifier (USI): From 1st January 2015 if you are undertaking nationally recognised training delivered by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) you will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). Creating your USI is easy, please go to https://www.usi.gov.au/students and click on ‘I want to create a USI’ button. For further details, please do not hesitate to contact us @ 1300 361 343
Completion Payment: Learners who successfully complete their qualification maybe eligible for a completion payment of $300 for each qualification; $100 for each Skill Set. A learner is not eligible for a completion payment where more than 50% of the units are completed through RPL and/or credit transfer. A significant proportion of units completed through credit transfer may also impact on student eligibility for the completion payment. Learners will be eligible to receive the completion payment for up to one (1) year after the date deemed competent.
Traineeship: These qualifications may also be delivered as traineeship. Please visit the Australian Apprentice section of Skills Canberra website for more information.
Contact us: For detailed pre-enrollment information on eligibility criteria, fee concession and payment plan, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 361 343.