BSB30120 – Certificate III in Business
This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of Business Services job roles. Individuals in these roles carry out a range of routine procedural, clerical, administrative or operational tasks that require technology and business skills. They apply a broad range of competencies using some discretion, judgment and relevant theoretical knowledge. They may provide technical advice and support to a team.
Potential Career Outcomes:
- Data Entry Operator
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Junior Personal Assistant
- Office Administration Assistant
- Office Assistant
Who could enrol:
This course is suitable for a variety of learners such as:
- Those who would like to obtain new skills and knowledge, including those who are changing careers
- Those who wish to obtain a qualification in order to obtain employment in a business service job role
- Those employed within a business service job role and wish to gain a qualification and/or have their skills recognised.
This qualification includes 13 units of competency which comprise of 6 core and 7 elective units. Elective units have been carefully selected based on the industry consultation to ensure the learner achieves the desired vocational outcomes of the course.
Units of Competency:
- BSBCRT311 Apply critical thinking skills in a team environment
- BSBPEF201 Support personal wellbeing in the workplace
- BSBSUS211 Participate in sustainable work practices
- BSBTWK301 Use inclusive work practices
- BSBWHS311 Assist with maintaining workplace safety
- BSBXCM301 Engage in workplace communication
- BSBTEC301 Design and produce business documents
- BSBTEC302 Design and produce spreadsheets
- BSBTEC303 Create electronic presentations
- BSBWRT311 Write simple documents
- BSBPEF301 Organise personal work priorities
- BSBLDR301 Support effective workplace relationships
- BSBOPS303 Organise schedules
The above elective units have been selected based on the industry requirements and in relation to the vocational outcome. REACH for Training may consider offering other preferred elective units based on the applicable training package requirements.
Up to 18 weeks (excluding holidays)
Study commitment required:
We recommend a learner would require a minimum of 35-45 hours of commitment per week to complete this qualification. This includes participation in class, homework and self-study, assignment activities and assessments.
Training delivery method:
Training is delivered in a blended mode including scheduled face-to-face learning in class and online learning activities.
Written assessment, Project, Case studies and Role Plays.
Minimum 18 Years
- Year 10 or equivalent; or
- Minimum 1-year work experience communicating in English
Completion of LLN Assessment at Level 3 of Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF)
- Year 10 or equivalent; or
- Completed a Certificate II or higher;
This course is offered in a blended mode and the learning resources are accessible online through our Learning Management System. To ensure access to the learning resources, you would require
- a Personal Computer/Laptop/Tablet or any Mobile device
- appropriate software e.g. Microsoft Office to engage with the learning and assessment
- High speed internet connectivity
- Audio-visual tools to engage with the interactive video materials
- Basic computer skills to engage with the LMS and in live online learning sessions
Valid USI number is required. Ask us if you require any assistance in creating it on your behalf
Valid and current email address
No Work Placement is required for this qualification.
REACH acknowledges that our learners may require flexibility in how they pay their fees. To support our learners, we offer a structured Payment Plan which could be discussed.
You have the flexibility to make payments as per an agreed amount and duration. Please note that REACH does not accept any payment of fees over $1500 at a time.
If you enrol under a government subsidised option, your fees will be in accordance with the funding requirements as defined by the relevant funding body. Please speak to the enrolment officer for further details.
*If you are not eligible for government funding, please contact our support team for other options
Flexible Training Options
- Classroom based
- Workplace based
Our National Presence
- Greater Sydney region
- Hunter & Maitland region
- Riverina region
- ACT – Belconnen, Queanbeyan
- WA – Mandurah, Perth
*Not all courses are offered from all locations. Please check at the time of application.
Learn from the Experts
All trainers are experienced industry practitioners.
Government Subsidised Training
*Not all courses are offered under all of the above mentioned government subsidised options. Please check at the time of application. Eligibility criteria apply.