BSB40120 – Certificate IV in Business
This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of Business Services job roles.
Individuals in these roles carry out a mix of specialist and moderately complex administrative or operational tasks that require self-development skills. They use well-developed skills and a broad knowledge base to apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems and analyse information from a variety of sources. They may have supervisory performance accountabilities and may provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others.
Potential Career Outcomes:
- Team Leader
- Project Officer
- Office Manager
- Administration Officer
Who could enrol:
This course is suitable for a variety of learners such as:
- Those who would like to obtain new skills and knowledge, including those who are changing careers
- Those who wish to obtain a qualification in order to gain employment in a business service job role
- Those employed within a business service job role and wish to obtain a qualification and/or have their skills recognised.
This qualification includes 12 units of competency which comprise of 6 core and 6 elective units. Elective units have been carefully selected based on the industry consultation to ensure the learner achieves the desired vocational outcomes of the course.
Units of Competency:
- BSBCRT411 Apply critical thinking to work practices
- BSBTEC404 Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
- BSBTWK401 Build and maintain business relationships
- BSBWHS411 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- BSBWRT411 Write complex documents
- BSBXCM401 Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- BSBPEF402 Develop personal work priorities
- BSBPEF401 Manage personal health and wellbeing
- BSBOPS404 Implement customer service strategies
- BSBOPS403 Apply business risk management processes
- BSBOPS401 Coordinate business resources
- BSBHRM417 Support human resources functions and processes
The above elective units have been selected based on the industry requirements and in relation to the vocational outcome. REACH for Training may consider offering other preferred elective units based on the applicable training package requirements.
Up to 22 weeks (excluding holidays)
Study commitment required:
We recommend a learner would require a minimum of 35-45 hours of commitment per week to complete this qualification. This includes participation in class, homework and self-study, assignment activities and assessments.
Training delivery method:
Training is delivered in a blended mode including scheduled face-to-face learning in class and online learning activities.
Written assessment, Project, Case studies and Role Plays.
Minimum 18 Years
- Year 10 or equivalent; or
- Minimum 1-year work experience communicating in English
Completion of LLN Assessment at Level 4 of Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF)
- Year 12 or equivalent; or
- Completed a Certificate III or higher;
This course is offered in a blended mode and the learning resources are accessible online through our Learning Management System. To ensure access to the learning resources, you would require:
- a Personal Computer/Laptop/Tablet or any Mobile device
- appropriate software e.g. Microsoft Office to engage with the learning and assessment
- High speed internet connectivity
- Audio-visual tools to engage with the interactive video materials
- Basic computer skills to engage with the LMS and in live online learning sessions
Valid USI number is required. Ask us if you require any assistance in creating it on your behalf.
- Valid and current email address
No Work Placement required for this qualification
REACH acknowledges that our learners may require flexibility in how they pay their fees. To support our learners, we offer a structured Payment Plan which could be discussed
You have the flexibility to make payments as per an agreed amount and duration. Please note that REACH does not accept any payment of fees over $1500 at a time.
If you enrol under a government subsidised option, your fees will be in accordance with the funding requirements as defined by the relevant funding body.
Please speak to the enrolment officer for further details.
*If you are not eligible for government funding, please contact our support team for other options
Flexible Training Options
- Classroom based
- Workplace based
Our National Presence
- Greater Sydney region
- Hunter & Maitland region
- Riverina region
- ACT – Belconnen, Queanbeyan
- WA – Mandurah, Perth
*Not all courses are offered from all locations. Please check at the time of application.
Learn from the Experts
All trainers are experienced industry practitioners.
Government Subsidised Training
*Not all courses are offered under all of the above mentioned government subsidised options. Please check at the time of application. Eligibility criteria apply.