BSB40520 – Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
This qualification reflects the role of individuals working as developing and emerging leaders and managers in a range of enterprise and industry contexts. As well as assuming responsibility for their own performance, individuals at this level are likely to provide leadership, guidance and support to others. They may also have some responsibility for organising and monitoring the output of teams and may apply solutions to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
Potential Career Outcomes:
- Team Leader
- Line Manager
- Leading Hand
- Management Roles
- Operations Coordinator
- Sales Team Coordinator
Who could enrol:
This course is suitable for a variety of learners such as:
- Those who would like to obtain new skills and knowledge, including those who are changing careers
- Those who wish to obtain a qualification in order to gain employment in a business service job role
- Those employed within a business service job role and wish to obtain a qualification and/or have their skills recognised.
This qualification includes 12 units of competency which comprise of 5 core and 7 elective units. Elective units have been carefully selected based on the industry consultation to ensure the learner achieves the desired vocational outcomes of the course.
Units of Competency:
- BSBLDR411 Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
- BSBLDR413 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBOPS402 Coordinate business operational plans
- BSBXCM401 Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team
- BSBCRT411 Apply critical thinking to work practices
- BSBLDR412 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- BSBLDR414 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBOPS403 Apply business risk management processes
- BSBPEF402 Develop personal work priorities
- BSBWHS411 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- BSBOPS404 Implement customer service strategies
The above elective units have been selected based on the industry requirements and in relation to the vocational outcome. REACH for Training may consider offering other preferred elective units based on the applicable training package requirements.
Up to 22 weeks (excluding holidays).
Study commitment required:
We recommend a learner would require a minimum of 35-45 hours of commitment per week to complete this qualification. This includes participation in class, homework and self-study, assignment activities and assessments.
Training delivery method:
Training is delivered in a blended mode including scheduled face-to-face learning in class and online learning activities.
Written assessment, Project, Case studies and Role Plays.
Minimum 18 Years
- Year 10 or equivalent; or
- Minimum 1-year work experience communicating in English
Completion of LLN Assessment at Level 4 of Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF)
- Year 12 or equivalent; or
- Completed a Certificate III or higher level qualification
Appropriate software e.g. Microsoft Office to engage with the learning and assessment – same for all other Business, Leadership and Management courses.
- a Personal Computer/Laptop/Tablet or any Mobile device
- Appropriate software e.g. Microsoft Office to engage with the learning and assessment
- High speed internet connectivity
- Audio-visual tools to engage with the interactive video materials
- Basic computer skills to engage with the LMS and in live online learning sessions
Valid USI number is required. Ask us if you require any assistance in creating it on your behalf
- Valid and current email address
No Work Placement is required for this qualification.
REACH acknowledges that our learners may require flexibility in how they pay their fees. To support our learners, we offer a structured Payment Plan which could be discussed.
You have the flexibility to make payments as per an agreed amount and duration. Please note that REACH does not accept any payment of fees over $1500 at a time.
If you enrol under a government subsidised option, your fees will be in accordance with the funding requirements as defined by the relevant funding body.
Please speak to the enrolment officer for further details.
*If you are not eligible for government funding, please contact our support team for other options
Flexible Training Options
- Classroom based
- Workplace based
Our National Presence
- Greater Sydney region
- Hunter & Maitland region
- Riverina region
- ACT – Belconnen, Queanbeyan
- WA – Mandurah, Perth
*Not all courses are offered from all locations. Please check at the time of application.
Learn from the Experts
All trainers are experienced industry practitioners.
Government Subsidised Training
*Not all courses are offered under all of the above mentioned government subsidised options. Please check at the time of application. Eligibility criteria apply.