BSB50120 – Diploma of Business
This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of Business Services job roles. Individuals in these roles carry out moderately complex tasks in a specialist field of expertise that requires business operations skills. They may have frontline management accountabilities and possess substantial experience in a range of settings, but seek to further develop their skills across a wide range of business functions.
Potential Career Outcomes:
- Executive Officer
- Program Consultant
- Program Coordinator
- Project Coordinator
- Office Manager
Who could enrol:
This course is suitable for a variety of learners such as:
- Those who would like to obtain new skills and knowledge, including those who are changing careers
- Those who wish to obtain a qualification in order to gain employment in a business service job role
- Those employed within a business service job role and wish to obtain a qualification and/or have their skills recognised.
This qualification includes 12 units of competency which comprise of 5 core and 7 elective units. Elective units have been carefully selected based on the industry consultation to ensure the learner achieves the desired vocational outcomes of the course.” Please refrain from capitalising the “core” and “elective” above.
Units of Competency:
- BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others
- BSBFIN501 Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBOPS501 Manage business resources
- BSBSUS511 Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- BSBXCM501 Lead communication in the workplace
- BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
- BSBPEF501 Manage personal and professional development
- BSBWHS521 Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
- BSBOPS505 Manage organisational customer service
- BSBOPS503 Develop administrative systems
- BSBPMG430 Undertake project work
- BSBTWK503 Manage meetings
The above elective units have been selected based on the industry requirements and in relation to the vocational outcome. REACH for Training may consider offering other preferred elective units based on the applicable training package requirements.
Up to 23 weeks (excluding holidays)
Study commitment required: :
We recommend a learner would require a minimum of 35-45 hours of commitment per week to complete this qualification. This includes participation in class, homework and self-study, assignment activities and assessments.
Training delivery method:
Training is delivered in a blended mode including scheduled face-to-face learning in class and online learning activities.
Written assessment, Project, Case studies, Role Plays
Minimum 18 Years
- Year 10 or equivalent; or
- Minimum 1-year work experience communicating in English
Completion of LLN Assessment at Level 5 of Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF)
- Year 12 or equivalent; or
- Completed a Certificate III or higher level qualification
This course is offered in a blended mode and the learning resources are accessible online through our Learning Management System. To ensure access to the learning resources, you would require:
- A Personal Computer/Laptop/Tablet or any Mobile device
- Appropriate software e.g. Microsoft Office to engage with the learning and assessment
- High speed internet connectivity
- Audio-visual tools to engage with the interactive video materials
- Basic computer skills to engage with the LMS and in live online learning sessions
Valid USI number is required. Ask us if you require any assistance in creating it on your behalf.
- Valid and current email address
No Work Placement is required for this qualification.
REACH acknowledges that our learners may require flexibility in how they pay their fees. To support our learners, we offer a structured Payment Plan which could be discussed.
You have the flexibility to make payments as per an agreed amount and duration. Please note that REACH does not accept any payment of fees over $1500 at a time.
If you enrol under a government subsidised option, your fees will be in accordance with the funding requirements as defined by the relevant funding body.
Please speak to the enrolment officer for further details.
*If you are not eligible for government funding, please contact our support team for other options
Flexible Training Options
- Classroom based
- Workplace based
Our National Presence
- Greater Sydney region
- Hunter & Maitland region
- Riverina region
- ACT – Belconnen, Queanbeyan
- WA – Mandurah, Perth
*Not all courses are offered from all locations. Please check at the time of application.
Learn from the Experts
All trainers are experienced industry practitioners.
Government Subsidised Training
*Not all courses are offered under all of the above mentioned government subsidised options. Please check at the time of application. Eligibility criteria apply.