HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who have the primary responsibility of providing a first aid response to a casualty in line with first aid guidelines determined by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) and other Australian national peak clinical bodies. The unit applies to all persons who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Current industry standards state that a first aid qualification is valid for a 3-year period with the CPR component to be updated every 12 months.
Potential Career Pathway:
Statement of Attainment in HLTAID011 Provide First Aid from CHC33021 Certificate III in Individual Support, CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support and CHC42021 Certificate IV in Community Services.
Who could enrol:
This course is suitable for a variety of learners such as:
- people employed as first aiders
- people who have a duty of care to provide first aid to others
- people who wish to obtain a First Aid certificate and attain skills in responding to an emergency situation
- people who are employed and wish to attain skills in providing first aid
- people who are enrolled in a qualification which requires completion of HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
This qualification includes three (3) units of competency. Learners learn skills and knowledge to apply first aid in various settings, including community and workplace. This unit of competency may contribute towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
Units of Competency:
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
6 hours’ theory assessment and 6 hours’ practical assessment.
Total of 12 hours’ face-to-face classroom training.
Study commitment required:
We recommend a learner would require a minimum of 18 hours to complete this short course. This includes pre-course assessment questions, self-study, written and multiple choice assessments, case scenarios and practical observations.
Training delivery method:
Training is delivered in a scheduled face-to-face training in class.
No work placement is required for the completion of the HLTAID011 Provide First Aid.
Written and multiple choice assessments, case scenarios and practical observations.
Minimum 18 Years.
LLN Assessment is not required for the completion of this Statement of Attainment.
- No academic requirement is applicable for the completion of this Statement of Attainment.
This course may cover the following procedures:
- allergic reaction
- bleeding control
- choking and airway obstruction
- envenomation – using pressure immobilization etc.
- fractures, sprains and strains
- head injuries, crush injuries
- poisoning, seizures and convulsions
- head, neck and spinal injuries
- poisoning, seizures and convulsions including febrile convulsions and epilepsy
- respiratory distress including asthma etc.
No technology requirement is applicable for the completion of this Statement of Attainment.
Valid USI number is required. Ask us if you require any assistance in creating it on your behalf.
Valid and current
- Email address and
- Photo ID
No work placement is required for the completion of this Statement of Attainment.
REACH acknowledges that our learners may require flexibility in how they pay their fees. To support our learners, we offer a structured Payment Plan which could be discussed.
You have the flexibility to make payments as per an agreed amount and duration. Please note that REACH does not accept any payment of fees over $1500 at a time.
If you enrol under a government subsidised option, your fees will be in accordance with the funding requirements as defined by the relevant funding body. Please speak to the enrolment officer for further details.
*If you are not eligible for government funding, please contact our support team for other options
Flexible Training Options
- Classroom based
- Workplace based
Our National Presence
- Greater Sydney region
- Hunter & Maitland region
- Riverina region
- ACT – Belconnen, Queanbeyan
- WA – Mandurah, Perth
*Not all courses are offered from all locations. Please check at the time of application.
Learn from the Experts
All trainers are experienced industry practitioners.
Government Subsidised Training
*Not all courses are offered under all of the above mentioned government subsidised options. Please check at the time of application. Eligibility criteria apply.